squandering my potential


Inked

Its been awhile since my last post. For the four or five people who regularly read this blog - I apologize - things have been hectic around here.

On Saturday I got my first tattoo. Its a custom-designed "tribal" on my left arm. I can't stand using the word "tribal" - because its basically become synonymous with barbed wire and other ridiculous frat-boy armbands. The whole "tribal" tattoo concept, most notably the tribal armband, has become so completely played-out at this point that I hesitated getting mine done.

The fact that I drew the design myself - and the fact that it wasn't an armband - ultimately saved the day, and I went ahead and got inked.

Everyone in the shop was professional and nice. I spent about 2.5 hours in the chair, and the first two hours were completely uneventful and boring. My patience quickly wore out after the two hour mark, and by the time it was finished, I was dying to get the hell out of that chair.

I absolutely love the end result though, and I'll definitely be back for #2.

And #3.

And #4.

I think I'm hooked.

0 Responses to “Inked”

Post a Comment



© 2006 squandering my potential | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.