squandering my potential


I'm an ass. And you shouldn't be driving.

You know what I hate about old people?


A woman leaving a Department of Motor Vehicles office where she went for a state-ordered driver's license retest accidentally plowed her car into the building Wednesday, slightly injuring several people, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

Therese Smith, 80, of Boca Raton, was easing out of a parking spot in front of the office at 100 S. Military Trail about 4:30 p.m. when she stepped on the gas too hard, propelling her 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis over a concrete parking block, onto the sidewalk, through a metal parking sign and into the windows of the DMV office, said Sgt. Mark Wysocky, FHP spokesman.

FHP officials didn't know why Smith had been ordered to be re-examined for her driver's license, but they said they would be looking into it. Although Smith couldn't complete the re-test Wednesday because the passenger-side door of her car was broken and could not be opened for a DMV staffer, Smith's license remains valid, Wysocky said.


Geriatric drivers scare the living hell out of me - so much so that I will swerve across multiple lanes of traffic in order to avoid having grandma/grandpa directly behind me. Or in front of me. Or next to me, for that matter.

In fact, I think I'd rather see some 13 year old joyriding punk in my rearview than a white-knuckled grandma/grandpa. At least the kid has some videogame/go-cart experience to fall back on.

0 Responses to “I'm an ass. And you shouldn't be driving.”

Post a Comment



© 2006 squandering my potential | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.