squandering my potential


Michigan state congressman Andy Dillon take the term "tax-and spend" democrat to a whole new level:

Facing a budget deficit that has passed the $1 billion mark, House Democrats Thursday offered a spending plan that would buy a MP3 player or iPod for every school child in Michigan.

No cost estimate was attached to their hare-brained idea to "invest" in education. Details, we are promised, will follow.

The Democrats, led by their increasingly erratic speaker Andy Dillon of Redford Township, also pledge $100 million to make better downtowns.


I'm intrigued.

Will the free mp3 players come loaded with music? What kind of music? What about those children living at or below poverty who can't afford to pay for mp3 downloads? Will Michigan democrats provide a free limited number of downloads?

I need to know these things.

And what the hell does the "make better downtowns" pledge mean? Please tell me that wasn't a direct quote.

If I were a Michigan resident, I'd be livid, and slightly terrified that these idiots are holding the purse strings.

0 Responses to “The world is going crazy, part II (of what will surely be a long running series)”

Post a Comment



© 2006 squandering my potential | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.