squandering my potential


Why You Should Never Get Loaded on a Work Night

Today was hellish - absolutely brutal - and I have no-one to blame but myself. Last night I threw one too many back at Fridays, and I paid dearly for it today. I'd probably have to go all the way back to my college days (a whole 5 years ago) to equal this level of alcohol induced misery.

The scary part is that, all things considered, I really didn't drink that much - maybe 8 beers. Not that the number really matters anyway - I woke up this morning feeling like I drank a bottle of tequila (Patron silver, please).

All of this boozing made for quite an adventure this morning down in probate court. As if the 1.5 hour commute into work wasn't bad enough, I spent the morning at the probate court's "emergency walkthrough," which is essentially a cattle-call that allows attorneys to "walk-through" emergency motions (i.e. admitting a will to probate, appointing a personal representative, cattle-prodding the remains of dead relative, etc.)

I must be getting old.

0 Responses to “Why You Should Never Get Loaded on a Work Night”

Post a Comment



© 2006 squandering my potential | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.